Saturday 24 May 2014

Lost...


...Wandering the streets..
Today I decided to go to a music festival in Cardiff.
It rained. hard. Rest assured: there was torrential rain all day.
My journey started at the train station.
I wasn't sure where to go or what to look out for. I just had a quick look at Google Map this morning before leaving. I wished I had looked harder. The thing I found out is that in this area there's not what I call a display of street names on walls ! I still can't believe that they put the house numbers on display but no street names plates on walls. How do foreigners know in which street they are. How do they find their way around town? No point looking at a map then. Not that there was any either. So instead of asking for directions, I first decided to follow a few guys on a busy road on the right... Well quite unwise decision. I ended up at a cross road.
I stopped a random spotty guy.
"Where is Mount Stuart ?" I said
"You mean The docks?" he said
"Mmm, yes, probably, it might be ??" I replied, having no idea what he meant.
"It's that way", pointing in the entirely wrong direction.
Left right right...
"Ah ok". There I went.
I ended up fifteen minutes later in a dirty road with no exit...
I so wished the spotty guy got even more acne scarring on his face.

I wish the bearded guy
looked like him

This time, a bearded guy was coming towards me. I asked him "Where is Mount Stuart". He replied, and oh well, he just couldn't stop talking for 5 minutes, and he was talking so fast and furious that the idea of taking the directions in shorthand crossed my mind... But I just was so busy at nodding and pretending I got it. I forgot half the directions as soon as he told me.
As instructed, I went the other way. 
In the rain. 
Wishing the bearded guy were never born
Left left right.

Sigh....
Double sigh....
...not him....
I wished the ugly bearded got lost in a forest somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

And as for this last guy I asked where Mount Stuart was, he replied to me like a scouse teenager. "Yu must tuk da bass, me darlin'..." That strangulated voice... Painful ! I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. 
I  thought he was eating and talking to me at the same time.  As I watched him swallowing his words, I wished I could put subtitles on, like on TV. He kept ending his phrase with "dya no warra mean". ??
Oh well.

Time to give this Music festival a miss.
After all, I'd rather go another day.
With an umbrella. 
And when it's sunny.
And I'll use the bus.
For now, back to square one.
Still in the rain.
And no umbrella, ella, ella, ella.

That's how my hair looked
at the end of this journey


MORALE :
 Never ever leave again
your umbrella(s)
at home









No comments:

Post a Comment